If you rely on the medical benefits from CBD compounds of cannabis, but also want a delicious way to consume your medicine, then try making your own cannabinoid gummy bears at home.
Creating your own candies will give you options like using organic ingredients and substituting products like gelatin for vegan agar.
For those wanting to test their skills in the kitchen, follow this simple recipe.
CBD-infused Gummy Bear Recipe
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Refrigeration Time: 15 minutes
- Makes: approximately 50 gummy bears
- CBD dosage: 5mg/gummy*
*This depends on the concentration of your tincture.
Cooking Tools Needed:
- A condiment bottle
- Gummy bear-shaped molds (enough for 50 bears)
- Small cooking pot
- Measuring cup
- 1 ounce of 250mg CBD tincture (If your tincture has a different amount of CBD then divide the number of milligrams of CBD by 50 to determine the dosage for each bear.)
- 2 bags of green tea
- ½ cup of coconut water
- 3 tablespoons of creamed honey
- ¾ cup of any kind of juice (I find that sour flavors work best for gummies.)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of agar (vegan option) or gelatin
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt (Natural Himalayan pink salt has the most beneficial properties.)
- Bring the coconut water to a boil in a small pot then seep the green tea between 4-10 minutes.
- Gently stir in your juice, salt, and creamed honey until mixed, and return your pot to a boil. Then bring it to a steady simmer by reducing the heat.
- Whisk in the agar powder continuously stirring for 3 to 4 minutes. (If you are used to using gelatin, the agar powder can have a much different texture, unpleasant to some people.)
- Add the proper amount of CBD tincture based on your desired level of potency and whisk together until completely combined. (Any type of tincture may be used: alcohol, coconut, or glycerin based.)
- Remove the mixture from heat and use the funnel to pour it into the condiment bottle. Pour slowly and carefully as the contents are still very hot! Do not delay as the mixture will harden fast.
- Using a heat-resistant glove or cloth, squeeze the mixture into the gummy molds as evenly as possible.
- Place the molds in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Once hardened, remove the gummies from their molds and place in a sealed food storage box.
- Depending on your concentration, take as directed, or try one or two at a time every 30 minutes until you get the desired effect. Enjoy and stay healthy!