Bio Nova Premium Fertilizers
Bio Nova offers a wide range of fertilizers for growing and flowering marijuana plants. As they put it, the fertilizers are green all the way. Since the 1990’s, they have provided quality products. We are going to focus at a few fertilizers that are produced by Bio Nova.
- Nutri Forte A+B-When growing plants on artificial substrates, this fertilizer comes in handy. Its application is easy since it is a combination of both growth and flowering nutrients. This fertilizer is not bulky in terms of nutrients as it contains only what the plant needs in its entire life(minerals). Another key thing is that the minerals are of a ‘food grade’ quality and therefore they can be absorbed within a higher pH range.
The application of this product is rather easy. Mix the required amounts of A and B into the water, one at a time. The dosage should be 10-23 ml of A and B per 10 litres of water.
- Auto Flower –SuperMix-This is a supermix that contains only one component. It is specially made for the auto flowering plants. These are the ones that do not have induced flowering of changing light periods. This fertilizer has an NPK ratio of 7-3-5. Elements present include macro elements such as NO3, NH4, NH2, SO4, P, K, Ca., chelated micro elements such as Fe, Mn, Zn and B.
It also contains organic additives that strengthen the root development, preserve and stimulate helpful microorganisms, helps in the plant’s hormone production and strengthen the immune system.
This fertilizer is applied in the third week after flowering starts. It should be combined with PK 13-14 as Superbloomer. It should be mixed in 15-33ml per 20 litres of water.
- Coco Forte A+B-It is ideal for cultivating on coco fiber substrates. Just like the Nutri Forte, it is a combination of both growing and flowering nutrients. Actually, Nutri Forte is its basis. It is best suited for the coconut substrate and you are guaranteed an optimal growth and flowering, particularly when one is reusing the substrate.
Mix in water A and B each at a time. You may adjust the pH level by use of phosphoric acid if necessary. The dosage is 10-23ml which should be continuous per 10 litres of water. NB: It is always advisable to first do an EC-measurement to determine the initial dosage when re-using coconut slabs.
- Soil SuperMix –It is adapted to systems with soil. It is a one component fertilizer based on Hydro-SuperMix. This fertilizer contains the following elements: Macro elements such as NO3, NH4, NH2, SO4, P, K, Ca, Mg and Si, chelated micro elements such as Fe, Mn, Zn, B, Cu and Mo. It also has organic compounds. It simulates root development and acts as a fertilizer for both growing and flowering.
During the flowering period, apply a supplement of PK 13-14 as Superbloomer. You could use phosphoric acid to adjust the pH downwards or potassium hydroxide to adjust it upwards. It cannot be applied in the dripping system since this fertilizer is partially organic. The dosage is 2-4 times a week, 25-33 ml per 10 litres of water. However, the frequency depends on the size of the plants and the climatic conditions.
- NFT Aqua-SuperMix-This is a fertilizer that was developed for systems that do not use any substrate. It is a one component fertilizer for both growing and flowering. Elements present include macro elements such as NO3, NH4, NH2, SO4, P, K, Ca, Mg and Si, chelated micro elements such as Fe, Mn, Zn, B, Cu and Mo.
Just like in the other supermixs’, apply a supplement of PK 13-14 as Superbloomer in the flowering phase. Adjust the pH if necessary. Mix 15-33ml per 10 litres of water continuously. In the case of PK 13-14, start with 1.5 mls in the second week and build up to 10 ml per 10 litres of water.
- Hydro-SuperMix-It is ideal for systems with artificial substrates. It’s for growth and flowering. It consists of the following elements: Macro elements such as NO3, NH4, NH2, SO4, P, K, Ca, Mg and Si, Chelated micro elements such as Fe, Mn, Zn, B, Cu and Mo. It acts as a soil condition enhancer while at the same time ensuring the root system is well developed.
When applied, pH adjusting may be necessary using phosphoric acid or potassium hydroxide. PK 13-14 superbloomer is also essential as a supplement. Mix 15-33ml per 10 litres of water. Apply PK as in other forms of SuperMix.
- LongFlower-SuperMix-This is a one component fertilizer specially designed for plants with long flowering period and low nitrogen requirements. It is both for growth and flowering. In it, we have the following elements: Macro elements such as NO3, NH4, NH2, SO4, P, K, Ca, Mg and Si, Chelated micro elements such as Fe, Mn, Zn, B, Cu and Mo.
PK 13-14 is vital in the flowering stage. PH value of 5.8 is recommended so correct if necessary. The dosage is the same like in other SuperMix fertilizers.